721 BROAD STREET
Awards: 2014 Golden Leaf Award, Small Development Category, Durham City-County Appearance Commission
- 900 sq ft on ground floor, available immediately
- Floor to ceiling windows facing Broad Street
- $2,000/mo, full service (for office or retail)
- Tenant pays janitorial
- On Broad Street in Durham, directly across the street from Duke East Campus
- One block from Whole Foods and Bull City Market
Photo Credit: Marilyn Peryer.
The block of small brick office buildings along the west wall of Duke’s East Campus were ripe for redevelopment: they are close to campus, the recently renovated Whole Foods, and the planned light rail stop at 9th Street. In addition, the lots were rezoned in 2011 to permit a greater range of commercial uses.
A collaboration between Eno Ventures, BLOK Architecture and Gateway Building Company, the original 1964 building was totally gutted (although no exterior brick walls were demolished) and a second floor was added to double the square footage to 10,000. The adaptive reuse of this building using steel, concrete, and glass created a striking landmark.
Interested In Working With Us?